Location: Beaumont, Texas
Born and raised in Beaumont Texas, Barrett attended Baylor University where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Speech and a minor in History. Choosing to remain within the “Baylor Family,” he then graduated from Baylor Law School with a Juris Doctorate degree.
While attending Baylor, he was an active member of the Noble Noze Brotherhood. Hometown ties and a fondness for the community in which he grew up led Barrett to Beaumont after graduation to practice law. Barrett currently sits on the Board of Directors for the Jefferson County Young Lawyers Association.
His primary fields of legal practice consist of Personal Injury, Family Law, Insurance Disputes, and Consumer Protection.
Areas of Practice
- 45% Family Law
- 35% Personal Injury
- 20% Insurance Litigation
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2009
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- J.D. – 2006
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- B.A. – 2002
- Major: Speech
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Jefferson County Young Lawyers, Board Member, 2011 – Present
- Jefferson County Bar Association, Member, 2006 – Present